The Principle Behind Choosing The Dorsolateral Prefrontal Cortex for rTMS – Dr. Martjin Arns
Dr. Sanil Rege, Consultant Psychiatrist and Founder of Psych Scene and Psych Scene Hub speaks to Dr. Martijn Arns, Chief Scientific Adviser, neuroCare Group; Founding Director & Senior Researcher at Research Institute Brainclinics.
What we’ve seen as well is that now TMS is considered safe, and much more widely used, people are slowly starting to consider more alternative stimulation locations. These are all still off – label usage and should be considered experimental, but I’m emphasising it because I think the developments are very important.
- A study has shown that patients who do not respond to traditional dorsolateral prefrontal cortex TMS might respond to orbitofrontal stimulation.
- The Beam Method is used to more accurately locate the F3 or F4 EEG coordinates for prefrontal TMS.
- Experimental research into functional connectivity has provided new information on the heart-brain axis and the relationship between depression and cardiovascular disease. (Read more on depression and cardiovascular disease)
- New Developments in Neuromodulation & Stimulation in Psychiatry – Dr. Martjin Arns
- Number of Sessions & Pulses Required for Optimal Results of rTMS – Dr. Martjin Arns
- The Potential Side Effects of rTMS – Dr.Martjin Arns
- Localising The Exact Point of Maximum Stimulation For rTMS – Dr. Martjin Arns
- Neurofeedback and The Role of Sleep in Psychiatric Disorders – Dr. Martjin Arns
- Key Differences Between High Frequency & Low Frequency rTMS Protocols – Dr. Martjin Arns
- Typical Response & Remission Rates of rTMS in Treatment Resistant Cases – Dr. Martijn Arns
- Key Differences Between rTMS and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) – Dr. Martijn Arns
- Clinical Indications for Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) – Dr. Martijn Arns
- Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) in Depression – Conversations with Dr. Martijn Arns, Neuromodulation Expert
- What are the Reasons for the Rise in Interest in Neuromodulation? – Conversations with Dr. Martijn Arns, Neuromodulation Expert
- How Did You Get Interested in the Field of Neuromodulation? – Conversations with Dr. Martijn Arns, Neuromodulation Expert