What is Regression Analysis in Critical Appraisal? – Dr Sanil Rege
Regression analysis is an important concept that is tested in the Critical Analysis problems for the RANZCP MCQ exam or the Critical Appraisal section of the MRCPsych exams.
Regression analysis is a statistical technique that is used to examine the effects of several variables known as predictor variables on an outcome (dependent) variable. e.g. what are the effects of age, height, and a number of hours of practice (predictor variables) on say performance, as measured by the number of football goals, scored (outcome variable)?
In this video, Dr. Sanil Rege takes you through the concept by using some interesting examples so you can remember regression analysis easily.
- Passing the Modified Essay (MEQ) and Critical Essay (CEQ) Exam- RANZCP- Dr. Sanil Rege
- Essential Mental Models for A Psychiatrist – The Art of Complex Problem Solving- Dr. Sanil Rege
- Observed Clinical Activity (OCA) and MEQ – Passing the RANZCP Exam- Dr. Sanil Rege
- How to Appraise a Systematic Review and Meta Analysis in Clinical Practice- Dr. Sanil Rege
- Psychiatric Formulation and Management- Tips and Techniques- Dr. Sanil Rege
- Techniques to Prepare For the EMQ and Critical Analysis (MCQ) Problems – RANZCP Written Exam-Dr Sanil Rege
- A Summary of 3 Important Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders for Psychiatrists – Dr. Sanil Rege
- Principles of Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Medicine – Dr. Sanil Rege
- The Power of Serendipity and Multidisciplinary Learning in Medicine – Solving a Complex Clinical Case- Dr. Rege
- Psychiatry Exams – What’s the Right Mindset?- Dr. Sanil Rege
- Psychiatry Trainee to Consultant Psychiatrist – Skills Breakdown- Dr. Sanil Rege
- From Psychiatry Trainee to Consultant Psychiatrist – Stages of Training for the RANZCP Exams- Dr. Sanil Rege
- From Psychiatry Trainee to Consultant Psychiatrist- Dr.Sanil Rege
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS) in Psychiatry – Neuropsychiatric Manifestations – Dr. Sanil Rege
- Neuroinflammation Simplified – The Link Between the Immune System and The Brain- Dr. Sanil Rege
- Pathogenesis and Diagnostic Indicators for Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS) in Psychiatry-Dr Sanil Rege