Psychiatry Trainee to Consultant Psychiatrist – Skills Breakdown- Dr Sanil Rege
The talk covers a breakdown of skills sets and explains the aspects examined in psychiatric case histories. It provides tips on how to translate academic knowledge into clinical practice and the key aims in a psychiatric evaluation: Communication, Formulation, Management, and Integration.
The first stage of training is the knowledge-based stuff-psychopathology, psychopharmacology, do you know your stuff, the basics?
[for case histories] I would recommend you contact psychiatrists who are writing medico-legal reports-civil ones are particularly good because you’re looking at case histories that you may be coming across, as opposed to forensic, specifically criminal ones.
Don’t wait for the final bit to start writing your case history–have a look at lots of them.
In this talk, Dr. Sanil Rege covers a breakdown of skills sets and explains the aspects examined in psychiatric case histories.
It provides tips on how to translate academic knowledge into clinical practice and the key aims in a psychiatric evaluation: Communication, Formulation, Management, and Integration.
Take-home Messages :
- The formulation is one of the most important parts of the medico-legal report.
- Contact psychiatrists who are doing medico-legal reports for anonymized reports.
- A good report is written succinctly, using clear language.
- The Neurobiology of Trauma and PTSD Phenotypes – Dr Sanil Rege
- Clozapine Mechanism of Action and Augmentation Strategy – Dr Sanil Rege
- Pathogenesis and Diagnostic Indicators for Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS) in Psychiatry-Dr Sanil Rege
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome and the Brain (Neuropsychiatric Manifestations of APS) – Dr Sanil Rege
- Techniques to Prepare For the EMQ and Critical Analysis (MCQ) Problems – RANZCP Written Exam-Dr Sanil Rege
- Passing the Modified Essay (MEQ) and Critical Essay (CEQ) Exam- RANZCP- Dr Sanil Rege
- Essential Mental Models for A Psychiatrist – The Art of Complex Problem Solving- Dr Sanil Rege
- Observed Clinical Activity (OCA) and MEQ – Passing the RANZCP Exam- Dr Sanil Rege
- Sanil Rege on Education and Entrepreneurship – Podcast
- A Summary of 3 Important Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders for Psychiatrists – Dr Sanil Rege
- Neuroinflammation Simplified – The Link Between the Immune System and The Brain- Dr Sanil Rege
- Q & A Session on Neuroinflammation in Psychiatry – Dr. Sanil Rege
- What is Regression Analysis in Critical Appraisal? – Dr Sanil Rege
- Principles of Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Medicine – Dr Sanil Rege
- The Power of Serendipity and Multidisciplinary Learning in Medicine – Solving a Complex Clinical Case- Dr Sanil Rege
- How To Appraise A Systematic Review and Meta Analysis in Clinical Practice- Dr Sanil Rege
- Psychiatric Formulation and Management- Tips and Techniques- Dr Sanil Rege
- Psychiatry Exams – What’s the Right Mindset?- Dr Sanil Rege
- From Psychiatry Trainee to Consultant Psychiatrist – Stages of Training for the RANZCP Exams- Dr Sanil Rege
- From Psychiatry Trainee to Consultant Psychiatrist- Dr Sanil Rege