Passing the Modified Essay (MEQ) and Critical Essay (CEQ) Exam- RANZCP- Dr Sanil Rege
Dr. Sanil Rege is a Consultant Psychiatrist and founder of Psych Scene, a platform to enhance psychiatry education and Vita Healthcare, providing high-quality mental health care services to the public. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists and Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (UK). His clinical and research interests include psychosis, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorders, and personality disorders.
Author Quotes :
Stay away from the generic answers, and think about exactly the issues that come up
You’ve got to take into account cultural issues, cultural aspects, so you may need to involve the multicultural mental health team or the indigenous mental health worker.
My tip for the critical essay would be to start watching Q&A. It’s really one of the best ways of thinking about themes for the essay because it covers such broad themes…
The talk covers key aspects and techniques to approach the MEQ’s for the RANZCP Essay Exam.
MEQ’s require breadth and foreseeability in approach at the level of a Junior Consultant Psychiatrist.
Ask yourself–“What am I missing here? What can go wrong?”
Dr. Rege covers the importance of implementation and assessing risk.
For CEQ’s, the essay is about amalgamating a wide range of concepts ranging from politics, medicine, culture, society, etc. to discuss a quote.
Dr. Rege provides advice and guidance on how to approach the CEQ and what is expected in a critical evaluation.
Take-home Messages :
- A key point for the MEQ is to read the question carefully -check whether you are asked to list, outline, or describe.
- Understanding the mind-body dichotomy is key for the CEQ exam.
- A broad understanding of mental health and different perspectives is important for the CEQ exam.
- Techniques to Prepare For the EMQ and Critical Analysis (MCQ) Problems – RANZCP Written Exam-Dr Sanil Rege
- Essential Mental Models for A Psychiatrist – The Art of Complex Problem Solving- Dr. Sanil Rege
- Observed Clinical Activity (OCA) and MEQ – Passing the RANZCP Exam- Dr. Sanil Rege
- How to Appraise a Systematic Review and Meta Analysis in Clinical Practice- Dr. Sanil Rege
- Psychiatric Formulation and Management- Tips and Techniques- Dr. Sanil Rege
- A Summary of 3 Important Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders for Psychiatrists – Dr. Sanil Rege
- Principles of Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Medicine – Dr. Sanil Rege
- The Power of Serendipity and Multidisciplinary Learning in Medicine – Solving a Complex Clinical Case- Dr. Rege
- What is Regression Analysis in Critical Appraisal? – Dr. Sanil Rege
- Psychiatry Exams – What’s the Right Mindset?- Dr. Sanil Rege
- Psychiatry Trainee to Consultant Psychiatrist – Skills Breakdown- Dr. Sanil Rege
- From Psychiatry Trainee to Consultant Psychiatrist – Stages of Training for the RANZCP Exams- Dr. Sanil Rege
- From Psychiatry Trainee to Consultant Psychiatrist- Dr.Sanil Rege
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS) in Psychiatry – Neuropsychiatric Manifestations – Dr. Sanil Rege
- Neuroinflammation Simplified – The Link Between the Immune System and The Brain- Dr. Sanil Rege
- Pathogenesis and Diagnostic Indicators for Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS) in Psychiatry-Dr Sanil Rege