New Developments in Neuromodulation & Stimulation in Psychiatry – Dr. Martjin Arns
Dr Sanil Rege, Consultant Psychiatrist and Founder of Psych Scene and Psych Scene Hub speaks to Dr. Martijn Arns, Chief Scientific Adviser, neuroCare Group; Founding Director & Senior Researcher at Research Institute Brainclinics.
Take-home Messages :
Screening for sleep disorders is equally important in patients with depression, as sleep problems are often part of any psychiatric disorder in the DSM.
Transcranial direct-current stimulation (tDCS) applies a small current to the brain and may have its own niche area as a psychiatric treatment, as will rTMS.
Developing symptom clusters and better research domain criteria will be critical if we are to develop personalised medicine for individuals.
- Neurofeedback and The Role of Sleep in Psychiatric Disorders – Dr. Martjin Arns
- Number of Sessions & Pulses Required for Optimal Results of rTMS – Dr. Martjin Arns
- The Potential Side Effects of rTMS – Dr.Martjin Arns
- Localising The Exact Point of Maximum Stimulation For rTMS – Dr. Martjin Arns
- The Principle Behind Choosing The Dorsolateral Prefrontal Cortex for rTMS – Dr. Martjin Arns
- Key Differences Between High Frequency & Low Frequency rTMS Protocols – Dr. Martjin Arns
- Typical Response & Remission Rates of rTMS in Treatment Resistant Cases – Dr. Martijn Arns
- Key Differences Between rTMS and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) – Dr. Martijn Arns
- Clinical Indications for Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) – Dr. Martijn Arns
- Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) in Depression – Conversations with Dr Martijn Arns, Neuromodulation Expert
- What are the Reasons for the Rise in Interest in Neuromodulation? – Conversations with Dr Martijn Arns, Neuromodulation Expert
- How Did You Get Interested in the Field of Neuromodulation? – Conversations with Dr Martijn Arns, Neuromodulation Expert