How Did You Get Interested in the Field of Neuromodulation? – Conversations with Dr Martijn Arns, Neuromodulation Expert
Dr. Sanil Rege, Consultant Psychiatrist and Founder of Psych Scene and Psych Scene Hub speaks to Dr. Martijn Arns, Chief Scientific Adviser, neuroCare Group; Founding Director & Senior Researcher at Research Institute Brainclinics.
I think that one of the primary interests with most of the research we do, and especially the application of it, is that we can answer the ‘So What’ question. Often you read about research and think, ‘Wow, that’s interesting,’ but when you start thinking it through you think, ‘Well, so what.’ So what is the implication for an individual patient, and how does a patient benefit from this?
- Applied brain research allows the personalisation of treatment for individuals
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation is being developed as a treatment for depression and OCD
- Research Institute Brainclinics® conducts cutting-edge research into biological psychology, specialising in psychiatric disorders.
- New Developments in Neuromodulation & Stimulation in Psychiatry – Dr. Martjin Arns
- Neurofeedback and The Role of Sleep in Psychiatric Disorders – Dr. Martjin Arns
- Number of Sessions & Pulses Required for Optimal Results of rTMS – Dr. Martjin Arns
- The Potential Side Effects of rTMS – Dr.Martjin Arns
- Localising The Exact Point of Maximum Stimulation For rTMS – Dr. Martjin Arns
- The Principle Behind Choosing The Dorsolateral Prefrontal Cortex for rTMS – Dr. Martjin Arns
- Key Differences Between High Frequency & Low Frequency rTMS Protocols – Dr. Martjin Arns
- Typical Response & Remission Rates of rTMS in Treatment Resistant Cases – Dr. Martijn Arns
- Key Differences Between rTMS and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) – Dr. Martijn Arns
- Clinical Indications for Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) – Dr. Martijn Arns
- Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) in Depression – Conversations with Dr. Martijn Arns, Neuromodulation Expert
- What are the Reasons for the Rise in Interest in Neuromodulation? – Conversations with Dr. Martijn Arns, Neuromodulation Expert