This website contains general information of a medical nature to be used as an educational resource for medical professionals. The content of this website is not designed to be used and understood by the general public and should not be used by anyone as a diagnostic tool or substitute for medical advice or care. If you require medical care please consult with an appropriately qualified professional. In case of emergency dial 000.
The content for this website is generated by Psych Scene Pty Ltd (Us). We also invite medical professionals (Contributors) (You) to contribute text, image and video content (Material). Publication of any Material uploaded or submitted by You is solely at our discretion.
By submitting, uploading, transmitting, posting or otherwise making available any Material via this website, You:
- grant Us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, licence to use, reproduce, edit and exploit the Material in any form and for any purpose;
- except where expressly stated otherwise, also grant each user of this website a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, licence to use, reproduce, edit and exploit the Material in any form for any purpose, subject to these terms;
- warrant that You have the right to grant the abovementioned licences;
- warrant that the Material does not breach these terms.
We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to:
- review, modify, reformat, reject or remove any Material which You submit, upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available (or attempt to submit, upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available) that, in our opinion, violates these terms or otherwise has the potential to harm, endanger or violate the rights of any person; and
- monitor use of this website, and store or disclose any information that we collect, including in order to investigate compliance with these terms or for the purposes of any police investigation or governmental request.
We are not responsible for, and accept no liability with respect to, any Material submitted, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise made available on this website by any person other than Us. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not be taken to have uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise made Material available on this website simply by facilitating others to post, transmit or other make Material available. Furthermore, we do not endorse any opinion, advice or statement made by any person other than us.
Whilst we review all Material submitted by You carefully before we publish the Material we do not guarantee the accuracy of any Material submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted by any Contributors. Users must rely on their own independent judgement and investigations in relation to any website Material – whether generated by Us or Contributors.
We may include on our website links to third party websites. This is not to be taken as an endorsement or recommendation in relation to the content of any such third party link and we do not guarantee the accuracy of any content of the third party website.
We do not collect information from visitors to our website. A cookie and ip address may be tracked to better improve your experience using our website. We offer visitors the opportunity to register with us in which case we may collect certain information from you. Information we collect may include your name, email address, profession, age and gender. We do not share this information with any third party. We do not sell this information to any third party. We only use your information to communicate with you in relation to your use of our website and to credit you for any Material you submit or post to our website.
Given its personal nature, all medical cases depicted in Material posted to our website must be de-identified. Any such Material submitted, uploaded or posted to our website must be de-identified of names, addresses, dates of birth, and any other feature or information (such as photography) which allows any individual or case depicted in the Material to be identified.
You must not:
- use this website in breach of any applicable laws or regulations;
- use this website (or Material obtained from this website):
- to transmit (or authorise the transmission of) junk mail or spam;
- to impersonate any person or entity;
- to solicit money, passwords or personal information from any person;
- to harm, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others; or
- for any unlawful purpose;
- use this website to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available (or attempt to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available) any Material that:
- is not your original work, or which in any way violates or infringes (or could reasonably be expected to violate or infringe) the intellectual property or other rights of another person;
- contains, promotes, or provides information about unlawful activities or conduct;
- is, or could reasonably be expected to be, defamatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise unlawful, including Material that racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability;
- exploits another person in any manner;
- contains nudity, excessive violence, or sexual acts or references;
- includes an image or personal information of another person or persons unless you have their consent;
- poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be false, misleading or deceptive;
- contains large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden content;
- contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
- advertises, promotes or solicits any goods or services or commercial activities (except where expressly permitted or authorised by us); or
- contains financial, legal, medical or other professional advice;
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on Us;
- use any robot, spider, or other device or process to retrieve, index, or in any way reproduce, modify or circumvent the navigational structure, security or presentation of this website;
Limitation of liability and exclusion of warranties
To the extent permitted by law You agree that your use of our website is entirely at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all statutory or implied conditions and warranties and any other liability we may have to You (including liability for indirect or consequential loss) that may arise under statute or at law including without limitation for breach of contract, in tort (including negligence) or under any other cause of action.
To the extent permitted by law, we limit our liability under any condition or warranty which cannot be legally excluded in relation to the supply of goods as follows:
- resupplying the goods; or
- the payment of the costs of having the goods supplied again.
To the extent permitted by law, we limit our liability under any condition or warranty which cannot be legally excluded in relation to the supply of services as follows:
- resupplying the services; or
- the payment of the costs of having the services supplied again.
You indemnify Us against liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property suffered as a direct or indirect result of use or misuse of any Material by you, your agents and employees.
These terms shall be governed by the law of the State of Victoria, Australia.