My MRCPsych Journey – Passing the MRCPsych Exams by Dr Deoman Gurung
This article is a personal account of Dr Deoman Gurung’s journey through the MRCPsych exams.
What is the MRCPsych Exam?
The Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) is a post-nominal qualification mandated by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
The MRCPsych examinations can be taken by:
- Doctors in an approved training programme
- Doctors in the UK who are not in an approved training programme
- Doctors from the EU who are working or have worked Overseas
- Non-EU doctors who are working or have worked Overseas
The MRCPsych Exam consists of:
1.TwoWritten Papers – Paper A and B
- MRCPsych Paper A: The scientific and theoretical basis of psychiatry
- MRCPsych Paper B’: Critical review and the clinical topics in psychiatry
2. Practical Exam:
Clinical Examination (CASC)- Clinical Assessment of Skills and Competencies
You can read more about eligibility for the MRCPsych exams here.